Skip to main content

Thirty Five and Thirty Six

Shockingly I managed to forget to post a dream for March, so I am here combining March and April in to one all consuming somnolencefest. Additionally, last night I had an odd dream in which a man named Mafooz was convinced I had slept with 'his girl' and waited with a gang of people outside my parent's house to 'beat me up'. When he learnt I wasn't in (I was, just spying from a distant window), he cut off the head of Mick over the road and threw it through my window as 'a message'. Grim. Any way...

'Lanark style, this one. In tenements of Glasgow, except at the time I think it to be elsewhere [?]. Find a small newsagents, with a labyrinthine underworld through the back door. The place is made of old fabric, and fucked stairs. I follow a woman through numerous passage ways, under wooden constructs and mangled embroidery. Her head is that of a freakishly large woman, but with shapely legs. Eventually I emerge at the beginning of the shop, where Dad is buying a card with his own printed message on it. They overcharge him. I point out they have spelt one of the words wrong.'


'In a house I apparently share with people from the PhD course. There is some sort of power outage whereby I need to go in to the basement to fix it. Tom is there, dressed in Safari gear, hitting his head off ironing boards and doors as he runs about chaotically. I go upstairs to ask Keith what is going on. He turns so slowly that I think he is trapped in time. He is unable to answer me.'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Fifteen + Sixteen

Long pause between posts owing to house moving and a lack of internet connection for over six weeks. Most frustrating. The intervening period has however furnished me with some new and skewed meanderings inside the subconscious underworld. The first, as you can guess from the reference to a certain daily newspaper, is from a while ago. The second (a double post to make up for the absence) came from a book I found whilst packing that contains notes on a defunct record label, conversations not appropriate for verbal discussion and occasional nocturnal recollections. 15. A warehouse, not dissimilar to Asda, where everything comes in multicoloured stacked boxes. Most boxes hold copies of The Times. I tell someone that they're not selling because they're not as cool as the new Berliner format Guardian (depressing how sad I am even in dreams). Later, am on an island, a little like the one in Lost. At one point I even ask when Walt is coming back. There are a crack team of commandos a...

Eighteen

This was probably the first dream I can remember having since moving back to York. It obviously harks back to specific childhood memories, blended with the usual cast of people from when I was younger (except the comedian). Misc sexual references to trains I would assume is related to Hitchcock, but perhaps Zizek is the best judge of that. Lots of symbols to wrap teeth around. 'Wandering through Putteridge Bury. An indistinct beginning, following that much traveled road to the farmhouse and dried up pond. A man spins a sports car on some gravel alongside a barn conversion I am unfamiliar with (I realised when I work up that I did know the barn...odd that whilst asleep my brain wouldn't recognise it). I walk along the track to where the old white house should be, next to the greenhouse my Dad used to own. Instead, just scrub land and some kids jumping on a knackered trampoline. I meander towards what I assume is Great Hayes; there is a long row of portaloos by the roadside. I fi...

Thirty Two

A final post for the year, sent early to avoid my forgetting; 'I am planning a holiday with old Uni chums, in much the same way as the TDEER weekend happened. I have to travel in advance of the group by train to scope out where it is we are going. Whilst on the train it becomes obvious to me that I have forgotten completely. Never mind, I'm in Norwich suddenly, except it is The City's version of Norwich, so part St.Ives, part LA. I've reached the centre on the Uni bus, which I was inexplicably not charged for. A teenage couple behind me serenade each other, in a way not dissimilar to Palomino Molero in Llosa's book of the same name. When I disembark, I walk around and look at the long bearded men that seem to populate the promenade. Following a kid through some back streets I emerge at UEA, but an odd hydroponic style version where everything is under three inches of water. My camera won't work. When I try to take pictures with the faulty camera, a man holds a p...